Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Let them eat cake!

Besides cardmaking and scrapbooking, I also dabble in cake decorating on occasion. The occasion this time was my son's wedding. He was married to a darling girl yesterday. They asked me to do the wedding cake and groom's cake. This was my first attempt at gumpaste and I must say I like it a lot. The wedding cake was strawberry on the bottom layer with strawberry filling. The second layer was white almond with apricot filling, as was the top layer.  Originally, there was supposed to be another layer of chocolate with raspberry filling as the base to these three layers, but after putting it together, it was SO heavy that we couldn't really lift it all to move it!  That layer stayed in the kitchen and was served later during the night.  The groom's was a chocolate fudge cake with strawberry filling and chocolate buttercream frosting, then covered with a dark chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate dipped strawberries. Everyone seemed to enjoy them both and the bride and groom were quite pleased!


3 comments:

  1. very gorgeous cakes and I would love to eat the chocolate one, with Strawberrys? mmmm You did a great job decorating the purple and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cakes. I could use some help with my cake decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCUSE ME!!!! You "dabble" in cake decorating!!!!! OMG WOWZERS ma'am...these are GORGEOUS!!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work!!!!

    ReplyDelete